Vaccine for Monkeypox is Available at Affinia Healthcare
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services has recently expanded vaccine eligibility for the monkeypox vaccinations to include pre-exposure prophylaxis or PrEP. Monkeypox PrEP is a vaccination to prevent monkeypox.
Affinia Healthcare will offer the Monkeypox vaccine on Thursdays 9-11:45 a.m., and Fridays from 9 a.m.-2 p.m., at its midtown location, 2900 Washington Ave.
The Monkeypox vaccine (JYNNEOS) is available for adults, 18 and over. It requires two doses separated by 4 weeks. Monkeypox PrEP is intended for people with the highest potential for exposure to monkeypox. The vaccine remains available for post-exposure protection.
Anyone who meets any of the criteria below can get vaccinated for monkeypox:
• Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men, transgender or nonbinary people who in the past 6 months have had
• A new diagnosis of one or more nationally reportable sexually transmitted diseases (i.e., acute HIV, chancroid, chlamydia, gonorrhea, or syphilis)
• More than one sex partner
• People who have had any of the following in the past 6 months:
• Sex at a commercial sex venue
• Sex in association with a large public event in a geographic area where Monkeypox transmission is occurring
• Sexual partners of people with the above risks
• People who anticipate experiencing the above risks
Please bring your insurance card (if you have insurance) and a photo ID to your vaccine appointment. All the locations below will provide vaccination if you do not have insurance.
Vaccines are also available through the St. Louis County Department of Health. For more information, please visit the St. Louis County DOH website, stlouiscountymo.gov or call 314-615-0600.