Community Health Services
HIV Prevention & Care
Diverse Solutions for HIV Prevention
Affinia Healthcare is committed to reducing new HIV infections in the U.S. by 75 percent by 2025, and a staggering 90 percent by 2030. Our experienced team is here to talk with you privately and confidentially about HIV.
Your health is our priority.
CDC recommends that everyone between 13 and 65 years old should get at least one HIV test during their lifetime, independently of their risk. People at high risk of acquiring HIV should test more often.
At Affinia Healthcare HIV testing is free, confidential and available for everyone. We offer rapid HIV testing that takes about 20 minutes and is 99.7 percent accurate.
You want to Know if PrEP is for You?
PrEP can help protect you if you DON’T have HIV and ANY of the following applies to you:
You have had anal or vaginal sex in the past 6 months and:
• have a sexual partner with HIV (especially if the partner has an unknown or detectable viral load)
• have not consistently used a condom, or
• have been diagnosed with an STD in the past 6 months
You inject drugs and:
• have an injection partner with HIV, or
• share needles, syringes, or other drug injection equipment (for example, cookers)
Remember – PrEP prevents HIV infection but not other sexually transmitted infections.
How to Prevent HIV
1. Practice Safe Sex: Consistently using condoms during sexual intercourse can greatly reduce the risk of HIV transmission.
2. Get Tested – know your status: Regular HIV testing helps you know your status and seek timely medical care if needed, preventing the spread of the virus to others.
3. Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP): Taking PrEP medication daily can significantly lower your risk of contracting HIV, especially if you’re in a high-risk group.
4. Avoid Sharing Needles: If you inject drugs, always use sterile needles and never share them with others to prevent both HIV and other infections.
CDC - Consumer Information Sheet
HIV Care Contact Form
Complete the form below and a member of the Affinia Healthcare HIV Team will contact you to provide additional information or to help you set up an appointment.