Medical, Oral Health, and Behavioral Health Services
Affinia Healthcare collaborates with the University of Missouri-St. Louis (UMSL) School of Optometry to provide optometric services to children and adults.
- Optometry is a healthcare profession concerned with the eyes and related structures, as well as vision, visual systems, and vision information processing in humans.
Doctors of optometry (O.D.s/optometrists), America’s primary eye health care providers, are the frontline of eye and vision care. Doctors of optometry are essential health care providers and are recognized as physicians under Medicare. They examine, diagnose, treat and manage diseases and disorders of the eye. In addition to providing eye and vision care, they play a major role in an individual’s overall health and well-being by detecting systemic diseases, and diagnosing, treating and managing ocular manifestations of those diseases, and providing vaccinations.
Optometrists and optometry student-interns at Affinia Healthcare:
- Provide comprehensive eye examinations and tele-retina screening services
- Prescribe eyeglass prescriptions
- Prescribe medications
- Use sophisticated ocular and visual testing instruments
- Diagnose and treat ocular diseases
- Counsel patients regarding surgical and non-surgical options
- Refer to other services or specialties for prevention and monitoring plans
- Refer to other services or specialties for next steps in surgical treatment or official systemic diagnosis and treatment
Optometry exam services are located at Affinia Healthcare, 1717 Biddle Street, 63106
Optometry tele-retina screening services are located at Affinia Healthcare, 3930 S. Broadway, 63118
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.